H.E GOVERNOR RANGUMA AWARDS FULL SECONDARY SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS TO FORM ONE STUDENTS
Two hundred and eighty bright and needy students have benefitted from Governor Jack Ranguma’s scholarship program for bright and needy students.
This number takes the total number of beneficiaries to 510, after 230 students benefitted from a similar initiative last year.
Speaking during the ceremony to award the scholarships at Tom Mboya Labour College, Governor Ranguma said his administration has increased the number of the beneficiaries to meet the county’s growing demand.“My Government has allocated Ksh30 million to facilitate the scholarship program. We are complementing this initiative with a bursary kitty which was initiated in 2014 and has been benefiting students from secondary schools, colleges and universities,” said Governor Jack Ranguma.
Twelve thousand others are set to benefit from Ksh70 million in bursary this term.“The ward education committee selected eight students from each of the 35 wards who scored 350 marks and above in last year’s K.C.P.E. All theses students you see here today are from very needy families,” said Jenipher Kere the County Executive member for Education adding that the scholarship awarded will cover not only the students’ school fees but travel costs, uniforms, books, shopping and pocket money.
“All we require from you is hard work and excellence at school work.” She concluded.
“My government will ensure no bright student is locked out from pursuing their full academic potential,” asserted the governor. “I recall with nostalgia the hardship I went through in my academic life. My mother used to sell mandazi at Kibuye to pay my school fees at Kisumu Boys High School. That is why I am passionate about the scholarship and bursary programs for the children of this county."
The county head instructed the Ministry of Education in the county to expedite the award of bursaries this term to reduce the burden of fees on parents and students.
Apart from the scholarship and bursary programs, the County government has completed the construction of 105 ECDE classrooms and has initiated a school feeding program for E.C.D.E pupils besides hiring 700 ECDE teachers.
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- KISUMU COUNTY RANKS TOP IN EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING
- ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES:CEC AND CHIEF OFFICERS
- KISUMU COUNTY WELCOMES HER SECOND GOVERNOR
- MORE COWS, MORE MILK FOR KISUMU
- KISUMU IS NEXT IN LINE TO RECEIVE A RECORD-BREAKING INVESTMENT
- ADVERT FOR FENCING OF VARIOUS FACILITIES
- ADVERT FOR MARKET SHADES
- COTTON FARMING THRIVES IN KISUMU COUNTY
- COUNTY INVESTS 59M IN WATER EQUIPMENT
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Supply and Delivery of Solid Waste Management Vehicles and Equipment: Lot 1: Operations Plant, Machinery and Equipments Competitive
- PRE-BID MEETING HELD AT CITY HALL CHAMBERS ON 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2017
- Supply of ArcGIS Licenses, Installation and Training of Users
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Final Prequalification List for 2016-2018
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS