BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
Kisumu county has an annual deficit of 63 million liters of milk,it heavily relies on imports from Nandi,Eldoret and Kericho to meets its demand.
Currently it produces 27 million liters of milk annually,which is way below its demand.
The counties’ department of livestock has made efforts to raise the amount of milk produced within the county by donating dairy cows and goats within its jurisdiction.
In the year 2016,82 in-calfed dairy cows and 70 dairy goats were distributed to farmers in all the 35 wards in Kisumu county.
The animals ashier in breed were purchased from Nandi and Uasin-Gishu.
This year,to upscale and create impact,another 350 dairy cows will be distributed with each ward getting 10 cows,while 70 doper rams,will be distributed to supplement the cows.
The goats distributed will improve on birth weight to increase chances of survival and has a faster growth rate.
By Lorraine Anyango
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- KISUMU COUNTY RANKS TOP IN EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING
- ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES:CEC AND CHIEF OFFICERS
- KISUMU COUNTY WELCOMES HER SECOND GOVERNOR
- MORE COWS, MORE MILK FOR KISUMU
- KISUMU IS NEXT IN LINE TO RECEIVE A RECORD-BREAKING INVESTMENT
- ADVERT FOR FENCING OF VARIOUS FACILITIES
- ADVERT FOR MARKET SHADES
- COTTON FARMING THRIVES IN KISUMU COUNTY
- COUNTY INVESTS 59M IN WATER EQUIPMENT
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Supply and Delivery of Solid Waste Management Vehicles and Equipment: Lot 1: Operations Plant, Machinery and Equipments Competitive
- PRE-BID MEETING HELD AT CITY HALL CHAMBERS ON 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2017
- Supply of ArcGIS Licenses, Installation and Training of Users
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Final Prequalification List for 2016-2018
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS